Your wedding day is one of the most important days in your life, and you want everything to go perfectly. But if you’re inviting kids to your wedding, chances are they’ll need some extra entertainment!
Luckily, there are plenty of creative ways to keep kids entertained at your wedding. From custom activity books and coloring pages to scavenger hunts and dance-offs, these activities will make sure all the children attending have a great time. Here are 10 creative ideas for keeping kids busy on your big day:
1. Custom Activity Books- Create custom activity books for the kids filled with puzzles, crafts, and coloring pages related to your wedding day. Not only will they keep them busy during the ceremony and reception, but you’ll also have a keepsake of all of their hard work afterwards!
2. Scavenger Hunt- Send the kids on a scavenger hunt around your wedding venue to find special items related to your day. You could even give small prizes for each item they find!
3. Kid’s Table- Set up a special table with fun decorations, snacks, and activities just for the children. Having their own space will make them feel special and keep them occupied during the reception. If your venue allows, consider a coloring book tablecloth.
4. Dance-Off- Nothing will get the kids moving like a dance-off! Set up an area for all the children to have fun competing with each other. Hire an experienced DJ to lead them in some classic dances, or even create your own choreography!
5. Craft Corner- Dedicate a corner of the venue for children’s activities and crafts. Stock it with coloring books, play dough, Legos, and any other child friendly items you can think of! Bonus points if you also provide a babysitter.
6. Story Time- Continue to utilize your cocktail hour space after the guests have transitioned to the dining room by having someone read stories aloud to smaller children before dinner is served. It’ll give adults a break from entertaining them while also giving a chance for the kids to settle down.
7. Popcorn Bar- Create an entire station just for popcorn! Kids will love being able to choose from different flavors and toppings. Plus, you can use fun containers like mason jars or paper cones for a festive touch. Other kid-friendly ideas include ice cream sundae stations and make-your-own mac and cheese.
8. Photo Booth- If you’re having a photo booth, set up a children’s section with child-appropriate props, silly backdrops, and fun costumes. They’ll have hours of fun creating lasting memories that they can take home with them!
9. Games- Get some classic outdoor games like bean bag toss or corn hole set up in the lawn so kids have something to do outside during cocktail hour or after dinner.
10. Outdoor Movie- Connect a projector to your laptop or phone and set up an outdoor movie night for the kids, complete with snacks and blankets. They’ll love being able to watch their favorite movies under the stars!
There are plenty of ways to make sure every kid attending has a great time! Need something custom? Contact us for more ideas!